Drumstick tree (Moringa oleifera) is an important perennial multipurpose vegetable grown widely in India. Popular for its distinct, appealing flavouring fruits. The flower buds are also used for culinary purposes. Every part of the plant is edible & useful and is called ‘The Miracle Tree’ of the modern world. These trees need full sunlight to grow.
1. The fruits are fleshy and tasty.
2. It comes to flowering within 3-4 months of sowing and comes to harvest in 6 months.
3. The plants grow to a height of 8 10 feet in a year and produce 6-10 primary branches.
4. The flowers are in clusters of 50 200 / cluster, only one pod develops usually and rarely 3-5 develop per cluster.
5. The pods are 2 feet to 2.5 feet long with a girth of 2.5 inch and weigh 70 to 80 grams with 80 % flesh.
6. The average yield of the variety is 300 fruits / tree.
Germination in a week and can be harvested in 3-4 weeks.
Sowing method: Seedling
Sowing Time: All seasons
We recommend you to plant in a Medium size pot with good ‘Potting Mix’. In case you are planting in soil, do add ‘Vermicompost’, ‘Neem Cake Powder’ & Multi Nutrient Mix for better germination & growth.
|Sunlight: Full Sunlight|
|Water: 1-2 times in a week|
|Seasonal Information- Summer|
|Harvest – 12 Weeks|
1-2 times in a week